Weird Things I Noticed During my weekend in Canada
I went to Toronto this weekend for my Cousins Wedding, and found a few weird things I thought I'd share. (Also you should note this is not my first time in Canada. We live fairly close to the boarder. )
- •They still have pay phones. Like everywhere.And they all have a weird name I can't remember. Also my phone said "Rogers" at the top the whole time and I'm still a little confused by it. Even though it was explained to me many times.
- •If you're hungry, don't fret there's a Subway or a Tim Hortons around every corner.I guess Jared the pedophile didn't phase Canada at all.
- •Their highway systems make little to no senseTheir roads just branch off without any warning and you wind up in strange Canada lands.
- •Everyone's too niceAs a native New Yorker (State, not the city) I'm naturally suspicious of too nice people. It's unsettling.
- •They're so refreshingly liberalThere were gender neutral bathrooms everywhere and perks for drivers who drove Eco-friendly/ carpool responsible. I loved it and there wasn't a gun toting maniac in sight.
- •Yet they were also weirdly conservative.Everything closed early. Like everything. 7:00pm and shops were closed. It was weird.
- •They have this super sad love for Great BritainAll I could think was, "But they make fun of you too. " poor Canada and their Stockholm syndrome
- •Everything's pretty expensive there which made me feel at home.
- •But the weirdest part of all was...I secretly loved it there.