Reflections Of My Trip Home To Kentucky
After a recent visit "home" I find myself needing to create my very first list after months of only reading other's lists.
- •The scenery of where I'm from. I tend to forget how beautiful Kentucky is and the last week was a great reminder.
- •The love we Kentuckians have for college sports. I believe there is only one team that is truly representative of KY and that's the University of Kentucky Wildcats. Go Big Blue!
- •I'm an only child, so I cherish the friendships that I have maintained for 30 years. Kelly and Sonya (actual sisters) treat me like I'm one of them and there's no way to explain how good that feels.
- •The true purpose of the trip was to accompany my mom back home so she could see her brother, my dad's sister, and her dear friend who isn't well. All 3 accomplished!
- •I spent more time on the road than I anticipated. Lots of time in Kelly's car.
- •But one of those days was to go get Brother Chris a new one of these. Affectionately named the turd (TRD). 😉
- •It was a wonderful visit home, and it went way too fast. I am already looking forward to my next visit.