Dogs I See Myself Having In 10 Years
In all honesty, I don't see myself (wanting or) having kids but I DO see myself having two or three dogs. Here is a list of dogs I wish to be best buds with in the future (in no particular order) and the reasons why. DISCLAIMER: list ended up being longer than I expected. Once I started, I couldn't stop imagining my future dog-filled life.
- •LabradorI currently have a black lab (photo) and he is the absolute love of my life. Labs really just want to be your best friend. PROS: super active, super cuddly, live long, tail that wags when they see you CONS: major shedding, takes control of your backyard without paying rent, tail that whips you in the eye when they see you.
- •Great DaneI have always wanted a Great Dane and this was our initial option for a first dog before we settled on a lab. PROS: Scooby Doo, calm giant, cute ears, could use the dog as a blanket CONS: giant poo, taller than me on all four legs, the movie 'Chesnut' had me crying like a baby.
- •PugI imagine that my lab's best friend would be a pug. PROS: squished face makes them snore, sometimes pees in a handstand position, little, curly tail CONS: cuter than me, always looks concerned even if they are not - it is really deceiving.
- •Bassett HoundNo specific reason. PROS: long ears that drag on the floor, legs short like mine, great detectives, devoted friend CONS: he might get bored of me and leave, looks (and probably is) wiser than me, looks sad even if they are not - also really deceiving.
- •BulldogMy uncle had a stuffed animal bulldog that I loved and it made me want a real one. PROS: wrinkly, can most likely be my personal trainer with arms resembling that of a body builder, saw a video of one skateboarding once CONS: more talented than me.
- •St. BernardLet's just say: Beethoven. PROS: Originated from the Swiss Alps, also great detectives, could resemble a live teddy bear to cuddle with CONS: major slobber, so cute I probably could not say no because I would be worried to disappoint it.
- •Wiener DogCome on, just look! PROS: small with a body so long it could not fully fit in the square for a picture, walks so cute, probably looks great in Halloween costumes CONS: May develop a rude attitude if put in a hot dog bun for fun.
- •CorgiDidn't even know they were a thing until I started using Instagram and found an account dedicated to Corgis. PROS: cute butts that are sometimes shaped like the peach emoji, short legs and small tail that shakes their whole body when excited, good at balancing things on it's head CONS: Not a Shiba Inu and probably gets offended when confused with one.
- •Shiba InuFound out about this dog when the 'doge' meme came out and it was a dream come true. A meme and dog I never knew I needed in my life. PROS: walk funny, saw a video of one walking down the street to the song 'Staying Alive', saw a video of one participating in that new viral running man trend CONS: Looks incredibly sarcastic and will probably play pranks on me, better at dancing than me, looks like the dog from 'Hachi' but it isn't (dog is an Akita Inu).
- •I went to the dog park after making this list 🐶💕