5 Shows Worth Streaming
I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do, I don't watch cable.
- •Parts Unknown w Anthony Bourdain // NetflixIs it a travel show about food, or a food show about travel? Yes. But what it mostly is is a show about what happens when you look for commonalities instead of dig for what makes us different.
- •The Man in the High Castle // AmazonThe premise: Set in the late 40s/early 50s, this is what the world would look like if Germany & Japan had won WWII. Tense, stylish, & with a little magical realism thrown in.
- •Sense8 // NetflixOne of the most ambitious shows I think I've ever seen. After you get through the series, watch the behind the scenes doc & you'll appreciate it even more.
- •Halt and Catch Fire // NetflixThis is a show from AMC, but not having cable meant I caught it late on the Netlixes. About the birth of modern day tech. Apparently season two is even better than the first season; looking forward to that.
- •The Newsroom // HBOI'm a sucker for Aaron Sorkin. Despite his writerly flaws, he never fails to hook me -- whether it's TV (West Wing, Studio 60) or film (Social Network, Steve Jobs) -- if his name is on it, I'm watching.