ME AT HALF MY AGE
Inspired by @nathanveshecco
- •It was 2004. I was 12.
- •I listened to Simple Plan, Green Day's American Idiot, Stacie Orrico, Ashlee Simpson, Blink-182 and the B-52s.
- •This was the last year I played with my barbie dolls.
- •I got my first period on August 2nd and I cried and I wanted to stay home from school. I went anyway and I spent all day scared that someone there would know that I was different now.
- •I remember being in the doctors with my mum and my brothers one day. We were messing around on the scales and I was bragging about how I was the heaviest because the biggest number is always the best in everything except golf. That was when I first learned that heavy is not what a girl should be.
- •It was also the year I got my first mobile phone, and it is now 12 years later and I still have the same phone number.