Bizarre Yogic Cleanses I Have Done:
In 2004 I did an intense Yoga training at a school in Thailand, founded by a Romanian swami. Part of that training was Kria Yoga (cleansing). Hard to think of doing some of them now but at the time I was like, eh, might as well.
- •Clean eyes with water.Sink water ok.
- •Scrape tongue every morning.Using special metal tool.
- •Snort salt water in one nostril, out the other.Before I'd ever heard of a Neti pot.
- •Abstain from eating meat, sugar, dairy; drinking alcohol, coffee.Possibly the toughest one.
- •Chug 1 liter of water, jump up & down, vomit up morning mucus through mouth and nostrilsPlease note, not a bulemic thing like I worried at first. No food came up, only excess mucus, in alien-like amounts. Probably my fave.
- •Fast for one day (24-36 hours)Food lover that I am, this was a first for me.
- •Concoct saltwater mixture, drink and do funky yoga moves, shit water out of your ass until it is a yellow stream (or until clear if you want to clean your gall bladder)Just be sure you're near a toilet when trying this one, cuz once it starts, hold on to your hat!
- •Drink first morning mid-stream urineUrine therapy. It's a thing.
- •10 day fast of brown rice that can be seasoned only with "yang" condiments: sesame oil & seeds, soy sauce, seaweed.Smoking cigarettes ok because they're yang.