THINGS I LEARNED AS AN ANTHRO MAJOR
- •99% of the people in the major joined because of Indiana Jones ( and a good portion of the professors as well)
- •People sure love Tevas.
- •Dichotomy is for dummies (thank for you Professor Shea, it was worth the student loan debt to learn this lesson)
- •Archaeology is, like most of life, about waiting, more waiting, coffee and lots of patience.
- •Math, literacy, logic and being able to distill information into clear and simple sentences are the basics to furthering human understanding.
- •Dirt and bugs are natural. Get used to it.
- •If you can just get out of your warm sleeping bag for 1 minute at 6am, you can do anything!
- •Human history is so vast and unexplored you can make compelling and interesting study out of anything ( especially food!! Food anthropology is amazing)
- •We need more women and non western participation in all aspects of anthropology.