WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET A TICKET TO HAMILTON BECAUSE YOUR MOM WON THE LOTTERY
I had heard about Hamilton - its hype and legions of die hard fans. But I had been lured into the "listen to the album but never get to see the show" vortex before (spring awakening :( ), so I avoided it and had no expectations going in.
- •I held any emotions in check until I had the ticket in my hand...
- •Then...I fist pumped and twirled because I knew this show was sold out for a solid year and here I was with a lottery ticket!
- •Then I looked at the theatre, as I had never been there before. Small lobby gave way to a huge, packed theatre. So many people.
- •I also people watched, don't think I have ever seen such a huge age range for a non-family musical before.
- •Our seats were front row center, like knees touching the stage, front row. Used to sit there for other lottery shows and usher jobs on Broadway, so nothing new for me.
- •The set was my favorite type, well designed and useful for the whole show. Lots of gorgeous brick work and wood work.
- •The show started and I was like what is going on?
- •How is this so specific yet so universal?
- •How is it they are talking about politics from the start of our nation that is still happening right now??
- •It was everything they said and more and I could see it again right now and just....
- •Everyone should see it and there are very few things I believe are universal.