Favorite beach vacations
I have two rules for vacations: there must be a beach and it must be in a Spanish speaking place
- •Isla Mujeres, MexicoFly into Cancun and get on the ferry to Isla Mujeres. It's not a spring break hot spot at all. It's relaxed and extremely comfortable. Stay in Playa Norte. Go to Rooster.
- •Las Galeras, Samana, Dominican RepublicWalkable beaches that you can snorkel at. Fresh fish on the beach. Boat trips to secluded beaches and ATV tours to Playa Rincon, where the water is crystal clear
- •Nosara, Guanacaste, Costa RicaGood waves for body surfing but I was there in 2004 and don't remember much more. Delicious food too. Casado for dinner and Batidos for dessert.
- •Luquillo, Puerto RicoGreat waves one day and serene waters the next. Plenty of sun and shade to make everyone happy, easy to park and adjacent kioskos with a variety of food options.
- •South Beach, Miami, USAClearest water I've seen in the USA with hotels right on the water. Beach umbrellas save you from the sun. Restaurants and one particular sandwich place within walking distance off the beach. Meets the criteria stated in the introduction