10 THINGS I HAVE LEARNT WHILST BEING 18.
I have been 19 for two months now and I wanted to share the wisdom that I have collected from being 18. This list is in no specific order.
- 1.Drink smart - use alcohol as a confidence booster, consume alcohol moderately but not to a point where you've gone 21 shots in and you're unconscious and about to puke.
- 2.Drugs aren't so bad - whilst being 18 I have had the chance to try mdma. It was actually one of the best experiences ever and I'm still alive.
- 3.Saving is an important skill - Just making financial sacrifices here and there to not impulse spend has saved me heaps.
- 4.Saving is an important skill - Just making financial sacrifices here and there to not impulse spend has saved me heaps.
- 5.Be organised in all that you do - that means imposing order in everything, in the way I work, in the way I fold my clothes, in the way that I eat, in all things.
- 6.Work smart instead of work hard - Know the bull's eye and how to hit it.
- 7.Confidence is key - Contrary to what DJ Khaled has said, I believe the real key to success is confidence. Just believing in yourself a little makes a difference in what you do.
- 8.Don't sweat the small stuff - to be honest there is no use dwelling your thoughts over little problems. It is better to brush it off your shoulders and get on with life.
- 9.Consistency - Small gradual efforts lead to solid form success. Keep up good habits.
- 10.Connections - network, network and network. I cannot stress how knowing a lot of people could make a difference, I wonder how many employment opportunities I have forfeited not knowing the right people.