5 photos on my phone, chosen at random
ok, so this isn't so random as I specifically choose these with some forethought. But...
- •Most recent album purchasesFrom Everyday Music in Portland, clockwise from top left: Cannibal Corpse "Eaten Back To Life." Re-issue of their groundbreaking debut on Metal Blade Records; Alban Berg's "Wozzeck." My favorite opera. Incredibly dark and only gets darker. The epitome of tragedy, and also brilliantly composed by Berg; Sufjan Stevens "Carrie & Lowell." His most recent. Quiet, and beautiful. It's his Oregon album, essentially; Segovia compilation. Legendary guitarist, though not my favorite. A collection of songs.
- •This sign.Tragic, yes. Also hilarious to me for some reason. Who posts a sign like this? (Seen in Eugene, Oregon about a year or two ago.)
- •This piece of artwork.The dude on the right has two right hands. (Seen at a bar in Chicago in April.)
- •These notes.Analyzing Ursula Mamlok's "Five Intermezzi" for a book chapter I wrote last year.
- •This greeting card.I really wanted to send it to my friend, because it would have been perfect, but I stopped myself. (Seen at a shop in Forest Park, Illinois.)