Allow Me to Listroduce Myself
Been on li.st for like a month now or something and saw others doing this, so I figured that I should as well.
- •I currently live in Chicago, but have lived in a lot of different places over the years.I grew up in the suburbs of Rochester, New York, moved to a city south of Buffalo, New York for college (Fredonia, and then Dunkirk), then moved to Eugene, Oregon for a PhD program in Music Theory at the University of Oregon, and now I live in Chicago, but looking for a job now so another move is most likely imminent.
- •I just earned my PhD two days ago.Successfully defended my dissertation, The Use of Guitar in Anton Webern's Op. 18 and its Influence on His Late Works, on May 27, 2016.
- •I'm getting married in September.In Nashville.
- •I am always wanting to read more.I see so many of my friends on Good reads.com who read a book a week, and I at most get through about 25 per year. Maybe now that the dissertation is over I can get closer to a goal of maybe 30 or 40 per year.
- •I try to listen to at least one new album per day.I fell behind this year though and am only up to about 120 so far.
- •One time @bjnovak fave'd one of my tweets.It was this picture, and I said "Obama is laying down some sick synth jams at the local legion hall." I'm still really curious as to how it got to him, but I'm glad it did. It has a few hundred RTs and more faves. The internet is a small place
- •I'm a vegetarianBut many people don't know it because I make it a rule to never talk about it. People who think other people care about their diet, and talk about their diet, are really annoying.
- •Left-handedOnly one ever in my family, which is weird.
- •Blind in one eyeStill somehow have a driver's license and never been in an accident.
- •I have asperger'sSomething else I never talk about.
- •Have a pug which I named after one of my favorite bands which is named after a play by Shakespeare.This is Titus Andronicus the Pug. We also have a Chihuahua named Parker.
- •I have memorized all of Louis CK's stand-up routines.This is not an exaggeration. When I watch them I "sing" along. I have a habit of saying "Louis CK has a bit about that and he says...." in nearly every situation.
- •ETA: Allergic to cocoaSo no go on any chocolate. It's not as bad as it sounds. I used to really love Kit-Kat though, and I REALLY miss Reece's peanut butter cups (but I have found a suitable substitute with butterscotch instead of chocolate. And, yes, I know white chocolate doesn't have cocoa in it, but it's gross. I can't believe I initially forgot this tidbit.