Already on li.st? Open in app.
I've been here for three months and have nine more months to go. Will probably add more.
Most of the books I read are checked out from the library. But I love underlining the ones that I own and referencing back to them!
- •"I seem to be allergic to diligence, and Lola said, Ha. What you're allergic to is trying."The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao- Junot Díaz
- •"I think one of the keys to happiness is accepting that I am never going to be perfectly happy. Life is uncomfortable. So I might as well get busy loving the people around me. I'm going to take care of my friends. I'm going to quit chasing happiness long enough to notice it smiling right at me."Carry On, Warrior- Glennon Doyle Melton
- •"I hadn't been paying much attention to things like the sunrise, but that old sun had been coming up anyway. It didn't really care how it felt, it was going to rise and set regardless of whether I noticed it, and if I was going to enjoy it, that was up to me."Half Broke Horses -Jeannette Walls
I would consider myself a lite minimalist. I don't like clutter and I love throwing things away. These are the exceptions to this rule, and are things that I can justify having in mass quantities.
- •StationeryParticularly monogrammed. Thick paper. Beautiful design. I could have a bazillion sets of stationery and still never have enough!
- •BooksNo such thing as too many books. I cannot wait to have copious beautiful bookshelves as an adult to house all of my babies.
- •PensWhat is more beautiful on a desk than a cup filled with your favorite pens?
I don't know how I haven't read any of these but I'm challenging myself to read classics this summer so here goes nothing
- •The Catcher in the Rye
- •The Diary of Anne Frank
I love podcasts and I've been a pretty avid podcast listener for as long as I remember. I used to download them on my iPod Classic in middle/high school and listen while I got ready in the morning. I got back into them after a long hiatus when Serial season 1 came out (like everyone else). Here are my favorites!
- •This American LifeThe absolute holy grail of podcasts. You will laugh, you will cry, you will learn so much. A weekly must listen.
- •SerialIf you still have never listened to Serial I have no idea how you managed to avoid it for this long and I'm honestly impressed.
- •LimetownMy first ever fiction podcast. Described as Serial meets The X Files. Insanely addicting. The finale will knock your socks off.
- •Greasy hair
- •Waking up at any time before 9 amSafari was the only exception ever to this rule
- •Cowboy boots on people that aren't cowboys
- •"In my life, there is someone who touches my life" (In My Life)They really couldn't think of anything better than this??????
- •"I'll make you scream, you'll scream alright!" (The Attack on Rue Plumet)Said by Thernardier to Eponine aka his DAUGHTER! Ew!
- •"We'll give them a screwing they'll never forget" (At The Barricade)Lol. Ok maybe this is the best lyric.
- •Deschutes porterIt was fine. It actually wasn't fine I didn't like it
- •Hardywood bourbon gbsThe best dark beer Ive ever tried
- •Victory kirsch goseSour cherries!
Why do I love music that makes me cry so much?
- •The Dangling Conversation-Simon & GarfunkelHearing this was one of the first times I clearly remember feeling truly, deeply, sad from a song
- •Ingrid Michaelson's cover of Can't Help Falling in Love With You😭
- •Sister- Sufjan StevensHonestly pretty much any early 2000's Sufjan can make me cry, but Sister takes the cake
- •How tired you areEveryone is tired
- •How busy you areEveryone is busy
- •How you actually are when someone asks how you are in passingThe only acceptable answers to the quick "how are you?" are good/well/fine/ok.