ABOUT LAST NIGHT
...teased in this list: ALL WE EVER KNEW 🎼 Pardon me as I gush like a preteen girl. List is rapidly becoming my sleepover outlet, aka where I share paradoxically frivolous but important happenings.
- •So it's the annual fall festival at my church.
- •This year I am my best friend's assistant while she paints faces.Tori is an incredible artist, truly.
- •My boy left his last class early so that he could come—nothing will wrangle busy people to an event like scads of free food. 😜
- •I arrive before him, and as I wait for him so we can eat I feed popcorn to Tori's dog Sora (a total sweetheart Siberian Husky), let my bff paint whatever she wants on my face.
- •I sit in the folding chair and try not to move my face as she glides her wet paintbrush over my skin—wondering what I'm going to look like when she's finished.
- •At one point, another kid named Nathan looks at me and says, "Your boyfriend is here."
- •I open my eyes and look down into the parking lot and sauntering up the hill is the boy, waving at me and taking in the festivities.
- •And, guys, he has his collar popped.Cue heart explosions.
- •Tori looks over at me: "Awww he came! You guys are the embodiment of the hashtag 'goals.'"I shouldn't care what people think about me and/or us. But boy howdy do I.
- •He comes up and falls into conversation with us as Tori finishes working on my face, and then we go get food.Hot dog, cookie, Coke products.
- •We go back over so I can keep helping Tori, and I kept talking to Tori about all kinds of stuff. At one point, as I was talking, the boy slid a Dorito into my mouth.I get all fluttery about weird things.
- •We go exploring through the rest of the festival, play pumpkin Tic Tac Toe, watch kids eat doughnuts strung on a piece of twine.
- •We go back to Tori and the face paints, and I kind of want more food but I don't want a whole other hot dog, so I'm standing there torn and he suggests that we split one.I friggin love splitting food with him. Cute and I feel guiltless because half of something is better than a whole something—sound logic, no?
- •After a while we leave, go back to my house and take a rare photo or twoor five. Whatever. I send it to my friend Bethany (who I talked about in this list: HAPPY THOUGHTS) and she responds in the sweetest let-me-give-you-warm-fuzzies way imaginable.
- •Then we take Maizie for a long walk beneath the waning moon.Just talking and enjoying each other.
- •And when he gives me a long kiss goodnight and I watch him drive away, my heart feels pacified and buoyant and frenzied all at once.Attn: officially rolling in it.🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂