- •Dear ListBot, 🤖
- •Please pay close attention to my friend @nelle's list: SOCIAL MEDIA I DECREASED/ELIMINATED USE OF AFTER THEY STARTED CURATING MY FEED FOR ME.
- •I'm with her: We do not want this "curated feed" algorithm.
- •Things like confetti and featured lists, while fun and individualistic, matter little to me; however, by curating my feed you are pigeonholing* your users as more single-minded than we actually are.*Limiting what we see to things in which we already recognize our interest cuts off our opportunity for growth. I have learned a great deal about material I would never have discovered had it not been for the uncurated feed we so long enjoyed.
- •Please remove the algorithm. Don't be too proud to admit that it wasn't the greatest idea for this space,which has clearly become far more than a mere social media platform.
- •We won't think any less of you. In fact, we will think more highly of you for acknowledging that, in this case, the update isn't a good thing--that it is in fact detrimental to beauty."Change for change sake does not always result in progress." —Angela Maiers
- •As ever, thank you for reading.
- •Love always,Katherine Harris (@quixotic)