WHAT LABOR DAY 2016 LOOKED LIKE TO ME, AS TOLD BY SIRI LAHIRI 📱📷
Monday, September 5, 2016
- •Morning sunlight dappling through the limbs, and the light shimmering on the cool droplets in the air.
- •A sweet, sleepy face gazing unblinkingly into my eyes.
- •Steam from my breakfast tea billowing above my long-socked feet to join its siblings in the sky.I should really make a list of my mugs.
- •Miraculously tasty pizza I made from scratch to celebrate National Cheese Pizza Day.First time making pizza from scratch!
- •"Resourcefulness Cookies" for the boy to take home—aka I threw random amounts of a bunch of ingredients into a mixing bowl—that ended up tasting unnaturally good.Canned biscuit dough, some milk, some sugar, an egg, two caramel chocolate candy bars. Honestly how could it not have ended well?
- •Tear-stained teenage trials."Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, and, reminds us, that *though we may come from different countries and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one.*"
- •Giving into a vice under internal pressure.In eight years of driving, I've received three speeding tickets and one warning.
- •Heartwarming chat with my beloved Meme...Her heart and mine are connected in a way I can't describe.
- •And Pop on this day, his 80th birthday.They are my true-life idols.
- •Dusk on the deck.
- •Maizie's stealthy stalker.Our cat and dog actually get along quite well, but Ziva has to pretend she doesn't like Maizie because duh she's a cat.
- •Cheerios melty treats to take to school tomorrow.Sometimes I just go on a baking frenzy.
- •Listing in the fading light.
- •Pills, pillows, plushie.Must have sleep now. Too exhausted to feel shame.
- •Starry sleepy night.Sweet dreams, world.