WHY I LOVE PURPLE HEARTS 💜
This list request is so beautiful and personal and perfect and is more poignantly received than you know.
- •Sweet Dani sent me this request a long while ago, but I saved it for months waiting on this day, National Purple Heart Day.
- •This military recognition is likely what many people think of when they hear Purple Heart, and that plays into why I love them so dearly.
- •But that isn't the whole of it.
- •The thing about the Purple Heart award is that it is bestowed upon those who are injured while fighting in the name of something they fervently believe in.
- •Even when the odds are against them,
- •Even when their friends tell them they aren't seeing things clearly,
- •Even when they long to save themselves from the misery by giving up—
- •They persist
- •And in that persistence are wounded, sometimes beyond repair.
- •The reason I hold the purple heart so dear is that, to me, it is a symbol of what it is love truly encapsulates.
- •It can be painful, beautiful, infuriating, devastating, terrifying, overwhelming, joyous, all at the same time.
- •But at the end of the day, if you believe in what it is you feel for someone—Be it lover, friend, family, pet, or anything else—
- •Those torturous injuries incurred in pursuit of obtaining or maintaining that love are, in your eyes, entirely worth the pain.