Movies I Went to Not for the Movie
Movie shenanigans are of a special kind. It's expensive, but I always get my money's worth.
- •Me Before You"Let's see the next movie playing," we said. I didn't think it was so much "Me Before You" as it was "Me and You Simultaneously."
- •Taken 3I saw this in France in French. Not sure if I didn't get the plot because of the language or because there was no plot to begin with. My gf, though, was well versed in the French tongue.
- •MinionsIt's a cute movie, but my date was much cuter.
- •BandslamMy first movie date. An average movie that got a bad rap, but I've got fond memories. I leaned in irl every time Aly Michalka did on screen.
- •Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's ChestThe most awkward double date of my early teens. Our friends were busy next to us. I didn't mean to watch the whole movie, but Johnny Depp gave a captivating performance. She dumped me right as the end credits rolled.