Best Yiddish Words Ever
Requested by @shiraRD
- •GlitchPeople don't realize that's a Yiddish word. #Subversive
- •KibbitzTo gather around, usually to waste time in a group. Similar to schmooze
- •KvetchTo bitch and moan
- •SchmaltzRendered chicken fat. It tastes OMG delicious. Can also mean sappy, over-the-top, ridiculous in a homespun way.
- •TsurisFrom the Hebrew tzaraat which is translated as leprosy, but isn't actually right. It was a bizarre rash that people got and they could also get onto the walls of your home. In Yiddish The word means trouble or worries. These are major problems, but often people use this word to mean minor annoyances that have reached the point of being epic nuisances
- •TuchusYour butt. From the Hebrew word meaning bottom as in the bottom of something. Tachat