My Jewish Tattoos
I'm a rabbi with tattoos. Here you go.
- •From Oseh ShalomMay the one who makes peace in heaven make peace on earth. Sorry it's upside down
- •CuzI got this about 15 minutes before I play to push out at a club called drunken unicorn
- •Sing a new song is the English translation of Shiru L'Adonai
- •God open up my lips so my mouth may declare your glory
- •From the Noah storyThe Raven is the one who in a time of emergency thinks only of himself. The Dove thinks of others
- •Wild and wasteIn the creation of the earth it is said that at one point it is unformed and void. Another translation is wild and waste
- •One thing I askCan also be translated the one thing I seek. It is a prayer we say during the Jewish new year. I got tons of shit for this in Israel. Because it's also the name of a reality TV show
- •The burning bushFrom the Moses story
- •HamsaMiddle Eastern symbol of good fortune
- •The good impulseThe Talmud says that human beings are equally distanced between good and evil. These are impulses called ha tov and ra. Originally I was going to have one pinup girl for evil and one pinup girl for good. But I decided that was sexist and combined the two together
- •This isn't even all of my tattoosBut somethings are good to leave as secrets
- •If you have any tattoos inspired by your spiritual path, please post them!