Days of the Week, Ranked
- 1.SundaySunday is my middle name. (No, really.) Rachael Domenica. Domenica is Sunday in Italian. Sundays are pajamas and cocktails, big socks that I’ve had since the 80s, Sunday Times, CBS Sunday Morning, lots of cooking – Italian for Sunday night and a couple of make ahead meals for the week, naps with the dog, movies, vinyl. Add a crackling fire if it’s a chilly Sunday.
- 2.SaturdayException: mid Saturday. Saturday I sleep in a bit once I realize I have a day off. Cool. Good day. Then, I think about all the chores I put off because I was so busy all week and I get too nervous to sleep so I get up and do chores, errands, work to get ahead for week ahead, ugh. Saturday night: simple meal, good wine, hubby, dog, sense of accomplishment, look forward to Sunday. Good day.
- 3.MondayI know, this seems a high placement, for most Monday would be a clear choice for 7 on list. Monday to me is like 1st day of school when you want to bust out your Trapper Notebook and make your first doodle or write down your next big idea. You can start fresh. Try a new style. Go to the gym earlier than last Monday. You can go Bionic Woman and be better faster stronger than last week. (by Monday night this enthusiasm has drifted and you just want wine but there is always next Monday, we hope.
- 4.ThursdayThis was a big party night when I was a kid. I like being invited anywhere on a Thursday still because we tape 3 shows a day most days and we do not shoot on Fridays, typically. TGIT.
- 5.FridayIf I have no commitments that keep me in NYC Fridays I can go home to the Adirondack mountains. The dog runs free in big backyard. I can cook in bigger kitchen than city. John makes music all day in his garage studio. I can write recipes in peace or read a great thriller like I Am Pilgrim, Terry Hayes. Utopian.
- 6.TuesdayI flipped a coin. Wednesday lost.
- 7.WednesdayWednesday is just as good as Tuesday, really. We tape Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so on these days I am very busy but happy, learning something, meeting new people, sharing my food with our viewers and readers, visiting with guests and audiences.
- 8.Every DayI guess ranking days is really stupid because every day could be your best day ever, especially if you have good health and a job. I was raised to be grateful for a job. Work is a privilege not a right. To have the good fortune to work at something you love is a gift for which you could never be grateful enough. Cant wait for tomorrow.