IF YOU'RE ANGRY ABOUT ANY OF 2015'S 355 MASS SHOOTINGS...
I'm angry. I'm sad. I did something today. Maybe you can too.
- •Write to your CongressmanIf you don't know who they are, here's a handy tool: https://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup
- •Write to your SenatorAgain, see the link above for all of your representatives.
- •Write to your state legislatorsIf you don't know who they are, here's another handy tool: http://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/
- •Educate yourself on the facts and figures, especially when words like terrorism and mental illness are thrown around.Start with a Google search. Look at news outlets (from all different biases from domestic to international; left to right), look at .gov websites, and read opinion pieces from magazines and newspapers that you respect.
- •Vote.Vote. Vote. Vote. Your voice matters and in 2016 you have the potential to change the trajectory of the nation by voting. Start your journey to registration here: https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote