ARTISTS FOR WHOM I'D GLADLY BE A MUSE
- •PicassoI don't even have to be Pablo's #1. I will gladly take a number and go to the back of the line.
- •Lucian FreudThere's really nothing one could want more than a super bleak, honest portrait of oneself. Kate Moss and the Queen are two (of many) lucky ladies.
- •D.H. LawrenceAnaïs certainly wanted it, and we all want what Anaïs wants.
- •Junot DiazWhy yes! I'd be happy to be the idealized adolescent love of your fleeting youth, one that you ruined your chances with, never got over, and remain haunted by years later.
- •DickensBonus points if the inspired character has a ridiculously Dickensian name like Chuzzlewit or Pumblechook. Or is as loving and heartbreaking as Nancy (arguably the first hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold character type??).
- •ChekhovJust read The Lady with the Dog. So many emotions.
- •Godard"I wanna be the Anna Karina to your Jean-Luc" is a 100% fool-proof way to get laid at your holier-than-thou liberal arts college because who wouldn't want what they had??
- •DrakeEveryone wishes they were Courtney from Hooters on Peachtree.