EMAIL FAUX PAS
Hopefully none of you are guilty of the following:
- •Too many exclamation pointsCalm down.
- •EllipsesWhen you use an ellipse at the end of each sentence...or phrase...I assume you're inserting each period with lots of...judgement...or you're just...dumb.
- •LengthyWe all get lots of emails daily. Keep it short. Get to the point.
- •Not emailing backIf your job is done 90% via email, getting a response from you should not be like pulling teeth.
- •Ridiculous fonts and colorsYour bright blue papyrus font is offensive.
- •Ridiculous signatureThere's no need for a flashy logo or a lengthy Gandhi quote. This ain't your middle school AIM profile.
- •"Save trees - please consider the environment before printing this email."Please consider the fact that absolutely no one is printing out emails to read them before inserting a self-righteous sign-off.
- •Attempts at a clever variation of "Sent from my iPhone"If you're not a truly clever funny person, just don't.
- •REPLY ALLSuggested by @kflinn1