HOW TO BE A 60S GIRL BAND
Easily my fav and one of the best music acts
- •When picking your band name, choose the plural form of any noun. It helps to pick a name that evokes pleasant thoughts.Ex: Dixie Cups, Angels, Crystals, etc. You can also add "ettes" to anything i.e. Ronettes, Marvelettes, Bobbettes
- •3 girls in the group, 4 tops. Helps to all be from the same Americana hometown. Make sure to have coordinating outfits, hair, and impeccable cat eye makeup.
- •Designate one girl as the absolute stand out and lead when it comes to solos, stage placement, prettier costume, size of beehive, etc. People love girl drama.Remember, before Beyonce there was Diana.
- •DO work with one of the best songwriters/producers."This guy." - The Ronettes
- •DON'T get involved with him romantically because he's actually a really disturbed psychopath. Poor Ronnie.
- •For every five cloyingly sweet songs about love, throw in a really sad one about heartbreak, death, etc.I Wish I Never Saw the Sunshine, Never Again, or I Can Never Go Home Anymore, which is SO sad.
- •At least do one ridiculously campy song because those are always fun.Like Leader of the Pack, which technically should be sad since he dies but it's so silly with the motorcycle sounds and the dramatic talk-singing. I love it.
- •Even if you don't become huge, have a super catchy one hit wonder before disappearing into oblivion.What happened to the Poni-Tails after Born Too Late?? They were so sweet
- •Be prepared for your male counterparts to release what is clearly a lesser version of your song.Don't Worry Baby does NOT surpass Be My Baby.
- •Nonetheless, pave the way for lots of future female artists.Shangri Las could've easily been a riotgrrl band, they were so tough and sassy. This photo is kind of unrelated, I just want you all to appreciate Mary Weiss's hair here.
- •Please add to this list.