QUESTIONS I IMAGINE THIS YEAR'S MET GALA ATTENDEES ARE ASKING THEMSELVES
This year's theme is China: Through the Looking Glass
- •Is this yellowface?
- •Would a long braid be too spot on?
- •Would a Mandarin collar be too spot on?
- •Are there enough asians at this event that are not wealthy Chinese businessmen to justify this theme?
- •Will this outfit get the proper approval/funding from said businessmen for my studio/movie?
- •Is this really a kimono?
- •Is this really a hanbok?
- •Is red too predictable of a color?
- •Are embellished dragons on anything allowed?
- •Is this bb paper parasol offensive?
- •Would Katy Perry wear this in concert?If so then yes, it's probably yellowface.
- •Is Lupita going? She probably has it all figured out.
- •Is Jezebel going to rip me to pieces?They can be unnecessarily ruthless so most likely, yeah.
- •Is it too late to back out?
- •Is Anna fucking with us?
- •Is this a recipe for disaster?