I'm currently sitting out on my parents' deck on what is probably the nicest day out, and these are the sounds I'm hearing.
- •The omnipresent noise of airplanes crossing the sky, a distant train making its way somewhere.
- •Faint traces of whatever traffic is happening on the GWB.
- •The humming of a neighbor's AC unit.
- •My phone dinging with a text from a friend.
- •A basketball hitting the asphalt as a kid down the street learns to dribble.
- •The clanking of toys as the three little boys next door play in the yard.
- •The youngest of the boys babbling baby nonsense, crying occasionally and very loudly.
- •My parents indoors, laughing at something. Dad's laugh, heartier and louder than Mom's.
- •The inevitable chirping of birds.
- •The breeze brushing leaves against each other and then the stillness when they are not.