EVERY STAND PARTNER I'VE EVER HAD, IN ORDER
Inspired by @lesbian . Playing the violin since 3rd grade got me to meet some interesting people.
- •JackieJackie has been one of my best friends since 1st grade, but having her as a stand partner was terrifying because I was so quiet and serious and she hated the violin and yelled a lot. (Bonus: we're both gay and loud now)
- •DanielleDanielle was a 6th grader when I was a 5th grader and she was so popular that it was scary to even sit next to her.
- •FrankFrank was my stand partner multiple times in middle/high school and was the most talented boy I ever met. (Bonus: he's a badass fashion designer now and told me I was a great violinist)
- •StephanieOne time Stephanie and I both got In-School-Suspension for the day when we wore shorts to school and she asked one of our full-grown security guards if her shorts gave him a boner and yelled about how ridiculous the situation was. Stephanie also rocked at violin, but I love remembering spending that day with her.
- •AnnaAnna was a beautiful violinist and invited me to her grad party when I was only a 10th grader. I thought I was the shit for it.
- •JimmyJimmy is a beautiful hockey player who didn't really like the violin, but ended being one of my really good friends throughout high school.
- •Chris GChris G was my stand partner during my first summer at music camp!! I was terrified of being away from home for 2 weeks and having his cutie pie self as my stand partner made me so happy. (He came back to camp the next year to play the viola, so I obviously felt very betrayed.)
- •EmilieMy stand partner during my second year at music camp. She lived down the hall from me and was super cute, but we had nothing in common.
- •AllisonOnce again, I was placed next to the most popular girl in school. Since I was not popular at all, she felt comfortable telling me all of the secrets of other popular kids. It was fucking glorious.
- •ChrisChris was a year older than me and I sat with him in 11th grade. During down time in orchestra, he would rap or beat box for me and tell me about beautiful girls he liked. Chris was great.
- •LaurenI loved Lauren and we shared first chair our senior year of high school.
- •Honestly, I remember none of the people I shared a stand with in college. Whoops.