I talked to my biological mom for the first time.
I'm adopted. I've always known this because my mom is white with blonde hair and I'm a little Latina girl.
- •This was the scariest thing I've ever done.
- •I didn't know what to say, but the conversation flowed for over 90 minutes.
- •I told her I've always had abandonment issues.Because she had a child, gave me up, and had another child.
- •I told her I have Von Willebrand Disease.It's a bleeding disorder; blood clotting issue. I was diagnosed when I was 12, after extensive blood tests. Turns out she used to have issues like I did when she was younger and never knew what it was.
- •She wants to meet in person.This is scary. I said yes.
- •I don't want my parents to feel any less of parents than they are because I love them so much!I don't really ever refer to them as my 'adoptive' parents, because I've been with them since [legit] day one.
- •I'm more confused than ever. I don't know who to talk to.Will my husband, friends, parents understand?