I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY
Yay! It's been a long time.
- •Last January I was jumping rope as a cool down exercise. I landed funnyAnd sprained my back 🤦🏽♀️
- •I thought it was better after a few months of relaxing.
- •Nope, it started to hurt after working out again.
- •In summer I went to my doctor, and turns out I slipped a disc in my backMay to September was spent going to physical therapy. The therapist said a slipped disc is like having a jelly donut and all the jelly squishing out of it. The goal of therapy was to get the jelly back in the donut. I'm really fond of this analogy.
- •I tried to workout again in October, but then vacations and the holidays caught up with me
- •Today was the day to try again. I wrote it in my agenda, in ink!So I had to go.
- •I used to be one of those people that would workout nearly every day, sometimes twice a day, with two different gym memberships. Ugh, today I felt so weak.
- •At least I saw some familiar faces, and they didn't forget about me. That was comforting.
- •I'll ease back into it, but it's going to be rough.