MAKING A VACATION PT 5
And the trip finally winds down to the end.
- •Woke up at 4am and didn't fall back asleep until 25 minutes before the alarm went off at 8am.
- •We went down to the beach, so I could collect sand, then over to the shops.Brandy bought a shot glass and I bought two magnets, one for me and one for my parents.
- •Afterwards, we went back up the the room.We watched more TBS (Married with Children and King of Queens). John and I had the last two Presidentes, but Brandy really wasn't feelin' it.
- •I wanted to enjoy a little more sun before going home, so I went out to the beach beds outside our room to read more of my vacation book, 'The Good Girl' by Mary Kubica.
- •Sad, time to go.Our driver was a little early, but at least we were able to get picked up from the Palace.
- •Um, so noticed the big red spider in the van crawling on Brandy's window.Took our eyes off of it for a second and it was gone!
- •At the Luve bar - John's not giving up his wrist band...It's not an all-inclusive anymore love... 😄
- •Tugs planes - John asked if planes have 'tug planes' like boats have tugboats...
- •Finally got my new high score in 1010! Read a bit more of my other book before getting on the plane.'Call of the Wild' by Jack London.
- •Well WTF IS THIS?! Brandy and I get stopped before getting on the plane stating that our carry on bags are too big!The desk lady had them tagged and taken away to the other checked luggage before allowing us to get on the plane. What I don't understand is how other people had the same size or lager bags that weren't stopped OR that our plane wasn't full and had plenty of open compartments to put them in.
- •Ugh, at least we were able to collect them once landing in Miami to go through customsAnd Miami lets us take them no problems!
- •But, we have to wait an hour after our departure time in the plane on the runway...The captain said there was a rubber piece the size of pencil sticking out that needed to be replaced...
- •Finally made it to Chicago!
- •And home in less than 2 hours!
- •All in all an awesome adventure!