Things we discussed in counseling today.
Because it was a rough one.
- •Why I always close myself off from people.The secret is that I close myself off from myself too, so yeah that's fun.
- •Why I feel the need to constantly make my family happy over my own happiness.I just really love them. But this has to change. I have to start taking care of myself. Obviously I can still love them and take their interesting into consideration, but I can't let them have this control over me anymore.
- •How I need to start being honest with myself.I am gay. I have always been, and I always will be. However, convincing myself that this isn't a bad thing is the hard part. Convincing my parents that it isn't a bad thing is even harder.
- •How I need to start surrounding myself with people who know what I'm going through.Go to Rainbow Alliance meetings and push myself to go to the LGBTQA+ office and just meet people on campus. I have to get out of my comfort zone and put myself out there.
- •Meg.We always discuss Meg. I can't hold an entire conversation with anyone without discussing Meg. But she has become such a big part of my life, of course she has to be discussed in counseling.
- •Different ways to come out to my parents.My mom wants grandchildren. That's all she ever talks about when I bring up dating girls. It's so selfish, I have to get her to see past that. To see my point of view. My dad's gonna be tougher to talk to about it, but I have to have mom on my side before I can go to him.
- •Journaling.Getting my feelings and emotions out onto a piece of paper. I have a journal, but I think I'm gonna use this too. It's kinda nice that no one knows me on here.