Already on li.st? Open in app.
JKR really has a gift for naming characters. They all just sound so *wizardy*. Note: obviously there are so many amazing names, so while I love an Albus Dumbledore, a Mundungus Fletcher or a Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank, I kept his list to the random names that crop up and are rarely mentioned again.
- •Libatious BorageAuthor of Advanced Potion Making
- •Humphrey BelcherThought the time was ripe for a cheese cauldron
- •Sturgis PodmoreMember of the Order of the Phoenix
I mean, like, aside from the obvious things, like the deaths and such.
- •The fact that Cedric's ghost got to say more to Harry than his Mum did when he was dueling Voldemort (book 4)And the only thing she said was that his Dad was on his way. Kind of made up for it at the end of book 7, but I'm still bitter.
- •Were Harry, Hermione, and Ron Neville's only friends?Because it seems like it and if so what did he spend most of his time doing for the first 4 years? He must have been so lonely! :(
- •That Harry and Hermione missed Ron's big quidditch match/Gryffindor winning the cup (book 5)And pretty much all of book 5 tbh. Including...
Was just talking to @jordyn about these and I decided to rank the ones I've seen. (That means four are missing, sorry). Turns out I only truly love 3 of them. Also I'm never ever going to watch Nights in Rodanthe.
- 1.The NotebookSay what you want but this movie is amazing. That Gosling-McAdams chemistry will never ever be replicated. (I mean just LOOK at them at the MTV movie awards!)
- 2.The Last SongWent into it with the lowest, Miley-hate-fueled expectations and was so pleasantly surprised. Ended up being a totally different/better movie than I expected, and also Liam is super duper hot. Obvs.
- 3.Safe HavenOk I'm starting to notice a theme because obviously it helps that Josh Duhamel is smoking hot. But I did like this movie. Probably the last good Sparks movie there will be.
Not so much "secret" as much as things that I am weirdly passionate about that I never get to properly discuss with anyone.
- •The 100Yeah it's on the CW and appears to be such a "teen" show that it seems embarrassing, BUT I just burned through the first two seasons on Netflix and I'm obsessed. That 💩 is GOOD. I also feel oddly guilty for cheating on TVD, the other CW show I watch that's meant for teenagers.
- •Arbys' Twitter bio"We have the tweets." Hahahahahahahahahahahhaa
- •The bassist from ColdplayWhy don't we talk about him more??? His name is Guy Berryman and he's super duper hot.
Mostly because they are icky sounding.
- •Brain child
- •Hit the sack😐
Inspired by @ListPrompts. This is a constantly changing list, so don't hold me to it a few days from now. No. 1 is always the same though.
- 1.Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K. RowlingI can't do a top 10 list that is 70% Harry Potter, so I'm cheating and grouping them together. Maybe I'll make a follow up list that ranks the Harry Potter series. There are so many reasons why these are the best things ever written, and if you don't agree/already know why, then I can't help you. Or send me a message, maybe I can. One thing I will say is that I wish I could go back and relive that feeling of reading them all for the very first time.
- 2.Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëI love this book. Charlotte Brontë gave us such a brilliant and in depth portrait of an independent and intelligent woman who carves her own path, despite the opposition that she faces from the world around her.
- 3.Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThose who dismiss this book as some kind of old timey chick flick are the worst, and probably sexist. Jane Austen wrote such perfect satire that it is still as funny and relevant today as it was back then. And so it happens to have a happy ending...added bonus.
There's always one. I suggest cutting that friend out of your life, but if you are attached to them for some reason (maybe they are rich?), here are just a few examples to show them.
- •Wildest Dreams - Grammy MuseumThis one has converted a lot of people in the last couple of days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDkg3QiJmk
- •Out of the Woods - Grammy MuseumBut she already killed it with this piano version of Out of the Woods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHN0ca6lf1c
- •Love Story - Radio 1 Live LoungeBonus points for an awesome arrangement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glx_kpo3wAI
Inspired by @ListPrompts. 2015 rocked.
- •JanuaryCeleb stalking at Sundance, and it was very successful! Some highlights were Queen Connie Britton and Robert Effing Redford. Also saw Chris Pine from afar and Alec Baldwin and Keanu Reeves.
- •FebruaryWent to see Britney live in Vegas and it was everything I could have ever dreamed.
- •MarchWent to Disneyland with some of my family, including my niece, who was going for the first time 💙💙
This was fun 😍
- •Louis from the movie JackMy very first movie crush.
- •A kid from my primary school class that I still can't name out of fear that he or someone who knows him will see this.
- •Dean CainHe started my lifelong imaginary love affair with Clark Kent/Superman.
- •None, I have Netflix.