EIGHT HALLOWEEN COSTUMES I HAVE WORN
I've had a varied Halloween history.
- •DorothyMy first costume I had tiny, two-year-old ruby slippers.
- •Mary PoppinsWhen I was three, I was Mary Poppins. I was a very mature three-year-old.
- •Maid MarionFrom "Robin Hood". My mom sewed it & my brother was Robin. I wore a flower crown before it was hip to do so for this costume.
- •Betsy RossOne year, I trick-or-treated as Betsy Ross. It was amazing and I had little tiny scissors in a hoser hung around my neck.
- •GeishaOnce I asked for candy at various businesses around New York City dressed as a geisha. I started out the day with the traditional white face makeup, but it progressively rubbed off so by the end of the day I just was a tad vampiric.
- •GangsterThis night, I started out as an FBI agent/detective. But people kept mistaking me for a gangster so I ripped off my badge, grabbed a toy gun from my brother, and went rogue.
- •Audrey HepburnI have been Audrey Hepburn for Halloween five different times. That should tell you how much I admire this goddess.
- •Sherlock HolmesBy far my favorite. I found a long coat at Goodwill and I made a deerstalk cap and a pipe. I was a twelve year old girl but I looked exactly like the great sleuth that year.