Why I Cried on Valentine's Day ❄️🚗❄️
I only wish it had something to do with romance
- •It snowed all morning here in St. LouisSt. Louis is one of the most ill-prepared cities for the amount of snow they get each year. And I'm saying that coming from Dallas, TX a city that has probably 1 snow plow.
- •I needed to make a trip to the grocery storeIt's not very far, 2.3 miles to be exact. I just checked Google maps.
- •Today was not my first time driving in snowI don't do it very often. Did I mention I'm from Texas? But it's not my first winter in St. Louis and Dallas does get the occasional snow fall.
- •But I got stuck in the snowI was changing lanes to turn into the parking lot and moved into a snow packed lane. I learned today my car doesn't have 4 wheel drive.
- •When I tried to accelerate my front tires didn't move and my back tires just fishtailedI managed to get most of the way over to the side of the road but I couldn't move forward at all.
- •I started to freak outObviously. I was alone, inexperienced and I was petrified I would somehow make it worse.
- •I called my momThis is where the water works started. The second I started explaining to her what was happening I felt the tears on my cheeks.
- •She suggested I try to find someone to help push my carI was right outside a movie theater and there were several people walking toward the door. By the time she convinced me to approach a stranger everyone had walked inside.
- •So I walked into a movie theater on Valentine's Day crying hystericallyThe man I asked for help was very kind and he and his friend helped push my car. I don't even know their names but I am forever indebted to them.
- •I pulled into the grocery store and parked my carI quickly wiped the tears off my face and tried to pull myself together as much as possible.
- •Then I walked into the grocery store and called a friend to pick me upI was nervous about driving back and didn't think I could handle it. As soon as she answered the phone I started to cry again.
- •So I also cried in the grocery store on Valentine's DayBringing me to a grand total of two public cries in one day, about 5 minutes apart.
- •I honestly can't remember the last time I cried in public before todaySad cried. Not happy tears at a wedding crying but hysterically sobbing on the phone with your mom and best friend in front of total strangers.
- •I ended up driving myself homeAfter finishing my shopping I felt a lot better and realized it would be more trouble to get my car later than to just drive home.
- •I pretty quickly recognized the humor in the situationI sent several snap chats to friends and they all responded or texted me immediately to check on me.
- •Reminding me that I have really amazing friends who love meIf Valentine's Day is really all about love maybe this was just my personal reminder that there are a lot of people out there that truly care about me. Even if I'm not great at driving in the snow.