THE VARIOUS WHOLE FOODS NEAR MY APARTMENT, RANKED
- 1.p streetthis is the mecca of whole foods. great salad bar, more soups than most, huge store. another big advantage: sells wine.
- 2.friendship heightsthis is my most frequented location, given its proximity to my current apartment. it also ALWAYS has guacamole samples, as though i don't already know what it tastes like. sometimes even has sushi samples. pretty accessible parking garage, as those things go. also a very efficient checkout line process.
- 3.rockville pikeloses points for distance, but has the best, most expansive prepared foods selection. not a great parking situation, however. additionally, the checkout is a total nightmare.
- 4.silver springmore fake-meat products than any other i have seen. also the only place i am able to consistently find three-bean chili. however, this is pretty far from most people i know, and i only really get a chance to go when i sleep at my boyfriend's and want to treat myself to lunch on my way home.
- 5.foggy bottomthere are too many GW students buying full pizzas here. they also never seem to have the garlicky kale, but they DO often have ginger carrots. two-level store, yet still very cramped. a bit of a tossup here.
- 6.georgetownVERY small store with no seating options. terrible parking garage. does sell alcohol. has samples, but only the kind where you have to chat extensively with the ~artisan~ who made that coconut water.
- 7.river roadthis is actually the same distance from my apartment as the friendship heights location, but it is the worst. the parking lot (yes, lot) is impossible to park in, it is always inexplicably crowded, and the salad bar is often empty. they also only give samples of oranges but no trash cans to throw the peel away in. you may as well just go to trader joes.