Memorable Bad Dates
A second date to a New Jersey Devils game.
- •First, we met up at Penn Station. Bad sign already.
- •Then he took me to Newark. I should have known something was wrong.
- •The hockey game was fine, but the conversation started to go downhill. At one point, he asked if I like baths.
- •Then, before I got on the subway back to my apartment, he tried to softly kissed my ear, trying to make it more romantic than it was.
- •Then I made eye contact with the woman over his shoulder, all the while she was shaking her head, acknowledging my misery and reading my mind.
- •For a fleeting second, that woman was my soulmate. We'll always have the 1 train.