Female Vocalists Who Don't Get Enough Credit
To kick off your Galentine's celebration, here's a list of under-appreciated female music artists and vocalists. Spotify playlist to go with this list: https://open.spotify.com/user/1264877388/playlist/7z0UmvotGTyGWgxXV4PHY3
- •The DøA recent discovery and my newest obsession. Just.so.damn.good.
- •Sylvan EssoA favorite of my daughter's. A good group to transition anyone into appreciating electric-pop.
- •St. South
- •Basia BulatShe's been a favorite for a long time. I think I even listed her as my favorite music artist in my yearbook. Every one of her albums is different from the last, and it's awesome to see how she is changing as she is experiencing more. If you ever get a chance to see her live, do! You won't be disappointed!
- •Mountain ManI discovered Sylvan Esso through Mountain Man, since Amelia of Mountain Man went on to do Sylvan Esso. These girls started off as college friends who liked to sing together, and their harmonization is dreamy. If only I could be so lucky to have friends to sing with! I love watching their videos too: http://youtu.be/ePwi5M2AJAQ
- •WarpaintSaw them at Boston Calling a few years ago. They definitely did not disappoint. Taste isn't to everyone's liking though.
- •Coeur De PirateHauntingly gorgeous. Her original music is good, but her cover album Trauma is awesome. Her version of Amy Winehouse's You Know I'm No Good is bone chilling.
- •Wild ChildNot primarily a female group, but the lead female vocalist has such an awesomely unique voice, and lyrics are 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
- •YelleCompletely zany, weird, and a little cheesy, but 100% enjoyable. This is a favorite of my girls to have a clean up dance party to.
- •The PippettesI'll never forget the first mix cd my boyfriend (now husband) made for me. It included the Pippettes "Your Kisses are Wasted on Me."
- •Meg MacA favorite of my husband's.
- •Purity Ring
- •L.E.J (not on Spotify :( )If only I could be 10% as awesome. http://youtu.be/u4zb6LUehwY
- •Kate Davis