Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Be Right BackSeason 2, Episode 1
- •San JuniperoSeason 3, Episode 4
- •NosediveSeason 3, Episode 1
I'm behind on everything!
- •Jackie (2016)Dir. Pablo Larraín
- •Hidden Figures (2016)Dir. Theodore Melfi
- •La La Land (2016)Dir. Damien Chazelle
It's been a year. Now, turning 23, I'm reflecting on the songs that moved 22-year-old me.
- •Various Storms and Saints, Florence + the Machine (Summer/Fall 2016)This song came to me during a particularly rough patch this past summer/fall. Here are some lyrics: "The monument of a memory / You tear it down in your head / Don't make the mountain your enemy / Get out, get up there instead" + "You'll find a rooftop to sing from / Or find a hallway to dance / You don't need no edge to cling from / Your heart is there, it's in your hands / I know it seems like forever / I know it seems like an age / But one day this will be over / I swear it's not so far away"
I guess I'm starting a thing?
- •Glee (orig. Fox, curr. Netflix)I watched 2 seasons of this forever ago and decided to give it another try. As of January 2017 I'm on season 3 and loving it!
- •Supergirl (The CW)My first foray into the world of DC superheroes! I'm obsessed.
- •The Flash (prob. also The CW?)I'm still catching up on this one (yay Netflix), but I'm loving it so far!
- •Legends of Tomorrow (idk tbh)Watching this one on Netflix.
The ones I hope never get discontinued/changed.
- •Milk Makeup: Lip + Cheek Stick in Perk ($24)THIS!!! IS!!! EVERYTHING!!! It goes on smoothly, is so easily buildable, and melts instantly into the skin. This is the kind of natural flush I've been trying to achieve for years!
- •Colourpop: Super Shock Shadow in Desert ($5)This beautiful copper makes me feel adventurous and ready to take on some louder shades. Also, it swipes on nicely and stays all day!
- •Colourpop: Super Shock Shadow in Puppy Love ($5)A nice sparkly pink that plays nicely with darker shades. Good for inner corners too!
2017 goalz y'all ✨
- •Milk Makeup: Matte Bronzer Stick ($24)I did say that I'm done trying to actively be matte, but if it happens to be so, I won't fight it. I'm in it for it's stickly nature.
- •Milk Makeup: Highlighter Stick ($24)It's about time I learned how to contour and highlight my baby face.
- •Milk Makeup: Holographic Stick ($28)Tbh I just want to try all the sticks. This one sounds especially adventurous and I for one am down for that in 2017.
- •Milk Makeup: Blur Stick ($36)I do not like foundation anymore and I am down for anything that gives me a lil bit of coverage without feeling heavy.
Besides straight-up gifts on occasions.
- •2 scented candles and a knit hatFrom my good friend Sydney's mom! She received these things as gifts but had no use for them and didn't want them to collect dust. 💞
- •$25 birthday codeFrom Madewell - technically it's a "birthday gift" but I'm still counting it!
A smattering of random items interspersed between giant book hauls. The addiction is real.
- •Discours sur le colonialisme (By Aimé Césaire)July 7, 2016
- •Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (By JK Rowling)August 3, 2016
- •The Residence (By Kate Anderson Brower) and The Complete Persepolis (By Marjane Satrapi)August 5, 2016 (For Mel)
- •Visual TheologyBy Tim Challies and Josh Byers
- •Thirteen Reasons WhyBy Jay Asher
- •My Name Is HopeBy John Mark Comer
Books I'm reading during my gap year (post-undergrad, pre-graduate school).
- •Persepolis I: The Story of a ChildhoodBy Marjane Satrapi
- •Harry Potter & the Cursed ChildBy JK Rowling
- •Persepolis II: The Story of a ReturnBy Marjane Satrapi