9 SOCAL SPOTS PERFECT FOR A STAYCATION
From the Central Coast to Catalina, we've rounded up nine great local spots within a three-hour drive—or a quick chopper ride, if you really wanna get fancy—away from LA. Links + deets: http://bit.ly/1Iqtmi5
- •Paso Robles: Hotel ChevalTake a road trip along the coast to Paso Robles and check into modern Mediterranean-inspired Hotel Cheval, a 16-room boutique spot not far from the vino-obsessed city's historic town square.
- •San Luis Obispo: Madonna InnHole up at the Madonna Inn for the ultimate visually-stimulating stay. For about $1200 per night, enjoy a fairytale horseback hilltop trail ride, a one-hour couples massage, and more.
- •Santa Barbara: Belmond El EncantoFor coastal Cali retreat that's out of county lines but just a short drive a way, head to picturesque Santa Barbara and settle into one of the luxurious Belmond El Encanto's relaxing bungalows.
- •Ojai: Ojai Rancho InnNestled off the 33 in Ventura County, Ojai is a historically bohemian roadsite hotel that offers maximum relaxation with stunning mountain views.
- •Big Bear: Pine Knot Guest RanchWarm up in one of nine cabins at the Pine Knot Guest Ranch, a two-acre resort that offers a barn with llamas and bunnies, sledding during snowy seasons, and in-room jacuzzis and fireplaces.
- •Joshua Tree: Pioneertown MotelChill in the desert at Wild West-themed Pioneertown Motel, located just 15 minutes away from the bohemian oasis of Joshua Tree, this cozy Western lodge's 18 rooms each feature their own "unique and kitschy" charm.
- •Palm Springs: Le Parker MéridienIn addition to its luxurious on-site spa, this desert hot spot also features the five-star comfort foot spot Norma's, a swanky mini-bar, two pools, and a host of preppy outdoor sporting areas.
- •Catalina Island: Hotel MetropoleFor a low-key getaway from the mainland, hop on a ferry or a chopper to Catalina's Avalon.
- •San Diego: Hotel Del CoronadoDon't let spooky stories deter you from enjoying a luxurious stay at the historic Hotel Del Coronado, a legendary landmark built in 1888.