WHAT WE LEARNED FROM VISITING GOOP HQ
Gwyneth Paltrow has evolved Goop from a weekly newsletter into a full-service media company that teaches us how to *live our best life*. We recently stepped inside Gwyneth’s world. Here is what we learned. For more BTS intel, read the full story: http://bit.ly/1LqKg2y
- •The Goop offices are in a barn.A beautiful barn that sits in a picturesque LA Canyon, of course. There is a color-coded bookshelf and a spiral staircase.
- •The staff refers to Gwyneth as GP for short.She also signs off on basically everything, including the incredibly popular weekly newsletter. Bonus: The staff recipe-tests in Gwyneth’s kitchen.
- •Everyone admits that dealing with all the hate can be hard.As Goop’s editorial director puts it, the internet “wants to bring Gwyneth down to her knees.”
- •The newsletter has close to a million subscribers and counting.That Gwyneth magic ✨
- •In fact, Goop is credited with starting the newsletter revolution.First sent out in 2008, Goop has paved the way for @lenadunham's Lenny Letter and so many others.
- •Next up is a Goop beauty line.A six-piece all-natural skincare collection will launch in January. The site has already executed collabs with Stella McCartney, Diane von Furstenberg, and Band of Outsiders.