MY FOOD NEUROSES
I have actual anxiety problems that are in no way related. Do not take my use of "neurosis" to mean anything offense. This is meant to be a fun forum for strange food rules. Please add your own!
- •I can't have fruit touch any other food- including other fruit!The thought of a fruit salad is ridiculous to me! Strawberries in an actual salad? Nope! Cranberry sauce? Hell no! Banana split? No way! Even banana bread- can't have it. Pumpkin bread is fine because it's a squash. I'm not claiming that this makes sense. Strawberries touching chocolate is good... No clue why that's the exception to the rule. 😕
- •Check every box of mac n' cheese for weevils.Found one weevil ONE TIME, and I still check every box.
- •Soggy bread makes me gag.Thinking of the texture now makes ever hair on my body stand up. Same goes for soggy tortillas. 😫
- •Grape tomatoes.Another texture issue. The seed and juice to tomato ratio is far too high. Can't handle it. Strangely enough, I can eat them if they have been cut in half long ways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •Mayo.Can't smell it. Can't even look at it. 😷😷Suggested by @daniellesmale
- •I'll gladly eat frosting off a cupcake, but not off a regular slice of cake. they could be the same exact flavor and it wouldn't matter. I don't have a real reason/explanation for this..Suggested by @treezus
- •When I make a sandwich the condiments CANNOT touch the cheese. I've had to get over it when I get a sandwich at jimmy johns or wherever, but in high school I would flip out at my dad if he put the cheese and mustard next to each other.Suggested by @evak
- •Seeing someone drink their cereal milk makes me nauseous. Absolutely disgusting. 🙅🏻Suggested by @migmags
- •Raw onions...blek blek. Plus you burp onions for about 14 hours afterwards.Suggested by @penguinchrissy
- •mashed potatoesit's the texture// how they look// everything. I can't.Suggested by @aesthetic