Already on li.st? Open in app.
Can you tell I get homesick sometimes?
- •"Yeah, nah."
- •"Cracking the shits"
- •"Shitting me up the wall"
The terms "liked" and "enjoyed" are used rather loosely here.
- •Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
- •Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi.
Inspired by the Thanksgiving week episode of the All The Books! podcast.
- •Tiny Beautiful Things, by Cheryl Strayed.
- •The Rules of Civility, by Amor Towles.
- •The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
Please note: my memory is terrible when it comes to my childhood.
- •Batu seremban.
- •Skipping rope.
- •Kejar-kejar (tag, basically).
- •This child.
- •This friend and his one week old baby beard.
- •This lady who keeps me in check and whom I miss every day. We said goodbye on a subway platform last January; she said "I don't know when I'll see you again!"
In a nutshell: Impostor Syndrome.
- •I am not perfect, so where do I get off demanding excellence and quality from my staff?
- •I don't always know everything/have the answers.
- •Sometimes I REALLY have no idea what I'm doing.
These products are wholly responsible for keeping me *flawless*.
- •BioRecept Néo'Bio
- •BioRecept BioStrata de Peau
- •Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré
- •Forearm planks.
- •Tricep dips.
- •Anything involving the abs (or lack thereof).
In no particular order, and let's not assume there's any correlation between reading material and state of mind... *side eyes*
- •Single, Carefree, Mellow by Katherine Heiny.
- •Saint Mazie by Jami Attenburg.
- •Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick.