THE SONGS OF JONI MITCHELL'S BLUE -- RANKED
I mean, it's impossible. But I'm gonna try.
- •10. "Little Green"Lovely and spare, like its title.
- •9. "This Flight Tonight"A perfect match of introspection and melodic structure that's almost like a recitative.
- •8. "My Old Man"There are few lines better than "The bed's too big / The frying pan's too wide."
- •7. "The Last Time I Saw Richard"The last bars of this song never cease to make me cry.
- •6. "Carey"I like to think that the person who puts on silver in this song grows up to be a Stevie Nicks shawl-twirler.
- •5. "All I Want"The rare song that captures the fun -- not the pain -- of longing.
- •4. "Blue"If songs are like tattoos, I'll take this as a full-body one, please.
- •3. "River"YES, YOU'VE GOT MAIL IS THE FIRST THING I THINK OF. COME AT ME, BRO.
- •2. "California"Because this is like the ur-Joni.
- •1. "A Case of You"The greatest song of all time.