WORDS AND PHRASES THAT PEOPLE NEED TO STOP USING
Seriously: stop it.
- •"Baked into"e.g. "The strategy will be baked into the final result so that it feels seamless." Not only is this now a cliché; it makes me want a cupcake.
- •"Let's put a pin in that."How about we put a pin in YOUR FACE?
- •"Covered off"e.g. "Let's include the images with the text so that we're covered off on having everything ready." Yes, I'm judging you by your "cover."
- •"So sad"e.g. When something awful happens to a celebrity and gossip rags post the story with these words as mock-sympathy. So gross.
- •"Swipe ______"Must EVERYTHING lead back to Tinder?
- •"Unputdownable"The scourge of books and the publishing world.
- •"I thought this was an Onion article, but it's real."The worst of the worst.
- •"I'm gonna go ahead and stop you there."Oh, ARE YOU?
- •"That show is still on?"Ooooh, you're SO cool for watching two seasons of an amazing TV show and then giving up.