I Did My First Tough Mudder On 10/8
It was the Tri-State event in Englishtown, NJ
- •I signed up in January as a good motivation to train for something.I didn't
- •If you ever do one do not fear the obstacles, fear the running.You can look at the course map and be scared to go over 15 foot walls or dunked in a dumpster of ice but I found those to be an welcome respite from the running. Sometimes over a mile between obstacles up and down muddy hills
- •I was the slow guy in the group and that suckedLike I said, the running. For the most part I was okay at the 60 second bursts of climbing over mud hills or under barbed wires. But the pain I was in took running off the table for longer then a minute at a time.
- •I was in pain for roughly 8.5 of the ten miles with most of the pain coming from my calves violently crampingI hydrated before the event like I was never going to drink fluids again too. Don't know why that happened.
- •Although I was disappointed in my performance, the whole thing was worth itI didn't really train for it so I don't know what I was expecting
- •I did learn one important thing thoughApparently this is the face I make when I'm being electrocuted
- •I'm signed up for my next one in July.Now that I know what doing a Tough Mudder entails, I will train for it.....probably.