ME AT HALF MY AGE
Inspired by @nathanveshecco. I really don't remember. Most of these could have happened at any point between 9 and 13.
- •The year is 2004But then it becomes 2005, because that's how ages work??? This is gonna be a mess.
- •I turned 11In Malindi, Kenya. Made chocolate cake in a broiler pan. Got the recipe from the Internet cafe next to Bar Bar.
- •I was super mad I had to miss my family's annual vacationSo mad. I was kind of a brat since I was going to see the other side of my family who I only saw every other year, at that point.
- •Probably still super into the Lord of the Rings at this pointI think I read the 3rd book on a bunch of planes(?)
- •Vague memory of listening to Gypsy while in a tent in Zambia
- •This may have been one of the years I had a purple velvet bikiniOne of the top 5 clothing items I've owned in my life so far.
- •I graduated elementary schoolI mostly don't remember this
- •The 6th Harry Potter book came out the day before my (now) sister-in-law's bridal shower.She, being very cool, said "you have to hang out with people for a little bit but then you can go read."
- •I think I wanted to be a librarian
- •Maybe I started pointe this year, but that might have been at 12Either way I was not good at it
- •The Postal Service
- •Played a bunch of soccer, never practiced the piano or the clarinet.I think my piano teacher around this time was the woman with all the ferrets.
- •Went to Montreal with schoolThere was a very cool labyrinth. But my friend cheated and slipped through the bars because she was so small and they were not happy with us. This might have been a year earlier.
- •Our TV was so small and shitty it only got used for sports and we watched movies on our computer because the screen was bigger
- •Edit: was reminded by @lame 's list that Confessions came out that year. Very important.