10 Songs I Have On Repeat
(No particular order)
- •Dreams by Fleetwood MacHas there ever been a song better than Dreams? I'm cheating because this classic will always be on repeat.
- •Middle (feat Bipolar Sunshine) by DJ SnakeFor some reason this song gives me this overwhelming feeling of nostalgia for a past time I can't quote remember, which is everything I want a good song to do.
- •Fire Away by Chris StapletonIs it cheating if I put this entire album on the list? Fire Away is an amazing song that stands beautifully next to the rest of Traveller. It doesn't hurt that the music video gives a visual layer that makes the song that much more heartbreaking. Speaking of visuals...
- •Love Drought by BeyoncéIt's hard to pick a song from Beyoncé's cultural phenomenon/visual album Lemonade, but Love Drought with it's 90s R&B banger-feel is essential.
- •Amerika by Young the GiantAs a loyal Young the Giant listener, I am so stoked for their upcoming album Home of the Strange. Especially, if this first single is an indicator of what is to come.
- •Flightwave by Com TruiseSince hearing this song for the first time last summer, it has become a self-defining track. I'm absolutely obsessed with Galactic Melt and how much it has stretched my taste musically. Trance dance season, come hither.
- •I'll Fight by WilcoWilco is definitely one of my favorite bands and writing on this song is a prime example way. It's so catchy, but so in your face.
- •Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins) by Father John MistyFather John Misty is such a storyteller. This song is not for the pure of ears. In 2:50, we get the story of two first-time lovers who eventually end up with no romance. (The horns after the third verse get me every single time.)
- •Run Away with Me by Carly Rae JepsenI know what you're thinking, but don't knock it until you hear it. This is pop music at it's best. Also, I'm a sucker for saxophones. JUST LISTEN
- •Vienna by Billy JoelThis song speaks to me on so many levels. Sometimes I feel like I've kicked off before I've gotten halfway through.