A TROLL ON THE BRIDGE
Just there to ruin everyone's good day.
- •I live 30 minutes from historic Saint Augustine.
- •As often as I go there, I hadn't been made aware that there is a waffle and milkshake bar themed after one of my favorite movies (The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou).
- •It's been there for two years, and when I learned about it a month ago, I promptly made plans to go there with my friend Katie, who loves that movie as well.
- •That date was today, and it lived up to our hype. The waffles were good, the shakes were amazing, the decor was everything I had hoped it would be.I had the 'jaguar shark' waffle, and the 'be still Cody' milkshake. I don't usually do this, but I took pictures of what I ordered.
- •We got 10% off discounts for wearing red beanies.
- •We sat and ate in an alleyway, watching tourists ride by on trolleys.
- •Then we went for a stroll alongside the fort.
- •We stood at the base of the Bridge of Lions, deciding whether to walk over it, just for the fun of it, or to go hit the shops. While standing, we heard a passerby in a car yell out:
- •"YOU'RE FAT."
- •And we turned to find a woman and her chubby-cheeked daughter waiting by the other lion to cross the street toward us.
- •Why is the world full of monsters?
- •The wind off the Matanzas was too cold for us, and we turned back for St George street.