MY ENTIRE BIOGRAPHY IN TEN SENTENCES
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •My mom said I was almost born in a toilet. I never asked for clarification.
- •I was raised in south Florida, and we spent every summer vacation in the Keys. I was the luckiest kid on Earth.
- •When I was in 4th grade, my mom and I moved to Jacksonville because of her job. My dad stayed behind. Mom was three years from retirement and the plan was to move back then. They divorced, and we stayed in Jacksonville.
- •By the time I graduated high school, some of my family had begun moving to a small town called Inverness. My mom went, and I tagged along, enrolling in the community college there. I found myself in a state of severe loneliness and having suicidal thoughts.
- •After a year, I dropped out of school and moved back to Jax with my long distance boyfriend. He was a completely useless human being, but I hated the idea of being lonely again, and we got married. He immediately lost his job and spent the next two years playing World of Warcraft while I busted my ass to keep a roof over our heads.
- •He got a job serving, and asked for a divorce (he wanted to fuck waitresses without feeling bad). I didn't have a dime to my name, but I was instantly, miraculously flooded with self worth, and I didn't even care about him. I was nearly able to pay off all of our (my) credit card debt while living solo.
- •I went to a friend's going away party and met Jason. I had an awful first impression of him, and continually shut him down when he would try to get close. Luckily he persisted. He makes me feel like I won the lottery.
- •After some time, I decided to go back to school. I started working toward a BS in Biology, but eventually settled on Secondary Education (science teacher).
- •Jason and I have been engaged for four years. We're not in a hurry. We bought a house,and we don't want to pay for a wedding, although our family expects it of us (he's Korean). I graduate in a year.
- •Once, when I was very small, I was fishing on a pier with my parents, and I caught some sort of octopus. I was expecting a fish, and this slimy, pulsating thing freaked me out. I began screaming in terror. My parents laughed and laughed.